Please note: this website is not updated as we use the ITCA website at:
Welcome to the South East Area’s web pages. Our area covers:-
- Greater London & the London Boroughs,
- East Berkshire (including the unitary authorities of: Bracknell Forest, Reading, Slough, Windsor & Maidenhead and Wokingham)
- East Sussex
- West Sussex (less Chichester Harbour).
The zone areas were realigned in 2015; follow the RYA Link to find out more.
These pages are designed to:-
- help you understand and offer support so that you too can feel part of the Topper ‘family’
- support you if you are new to the sailing circuit and taking part in Traveller Events or qualifying for a squad place.
- keep you updated with news of events, coaching and results in our area.
- encourage Topper sailors, of all ages, to join in and have some fun!
Our aim is to encourage as many sailors as possible to sail the Topper and support the development of their sailing skills through offering as many opportunities to be coached and to race here in the South East. We are a very friendly area with many families supporting each other both on and off the water. We have many parents that sail and we are keen to offer help if you are a “Non Sailing” parent so you can navigate their way around the boat and the events. We are always keen to welcome new South East sailors to the racing events and coaching days.
Like each of the areas in the ITCA we organise a series of competitive friendly racing events each year across our region these are called the ‘Traveller Series’ we do this with the tremendous support of our local sailing clubs. In addition throughout the winter we also organise several coaching days, which are open to all sailors to come and join in and have some fun. We welcome sailors who sail using either the 5.3 or the 4.2 Topper sails to all of our events.
If you are new to the Topper Circuit please do get in touch especially if you have any questions or would like some advice. If you have already taken part in some of our Coaching or Traveller events and have any ideas or suggestions as to how we could improve them, or any other comments, please do let me know.
Graham Evans – South East Area Representative